Surgery is on Monday. Like, THIS Monday. I'm trying not to think about how close it is because then I get all nervous and worked up and ruin my own day with anxiety and fear. Today while driving home from a mommy playdate (let's be real here... the hangouts are for US, not the kids), I heard a little voice whisper to me "lean in". Just LEAN IN. There isn't a pain that Jesus hasn't felt; isn't a fear that he hasn't had. Help me lean in, Jesus. I believe, but help me in my unbelief.
Anyway, back to prep, while that stays on my mind for the next 6 days (but no one is counting). The hospital called me today to ask some demographic questions, and the woman told me that a nurse would call tomorrow with prep information. Wow, it's getting real, so I better get ready. I started to put my hospital bag together, because I am expected to be in the hospital at least 2 nights. Here's what I came up with...
In no particular order- I have included a robe, a couple comfortable shirts, a pair of sweat pants and a pair of soft shorts, socks (NEW socks! yay! It's like Christmas!), slippers, flip flops, face care stuff, my toiletries, pillow, blanket, water bottle, bag of snacks (more for Hubby than me), bag of recovery pads/depends, ear plugs, ginger chews (for nausea), Arnica, and lavender and peppermint essential oils.
I will also probably throw in a book (because I'll be hanging out doing absolutely nothing, I'm sure!), toothbrush, have my hubby make a playlist, phone charger, etc.
So for anyone who has had an in-patient procedure and hospital stay, am I missing anything? What else will I need that I don't have? What will I not need? I'm quite certain that they hospital will be providing all pain meds, numbing agents, etc. until I go home. After that, I'll have to send hubby to Walgreens to get the embarrassing stuff!
Anyway, you may hear from me again before surgery, maybe not. I'm going to try to fit in a few more fun things over the next few days, and on Sunday I get to do an at-home cleanse in preparation. Oh boy! Deep breaths, we're almost there.
Let's do this.

I just caught up on your posts Aubrey. I am so sorry you have to go thru this! Of course, as you started, somehow it is part of our Lord's sovereign plan for you and your family. I hope that everything went smoothly and I will be praying for your recovery.
ReplyDeleteThank you Kristen! Everything did go well, and I appreciate your prayers. Prayer has gotten us through! I hope you're doing well with your little ladies!
Delete