It's Monday... Back to the daily grind and the chores that seem to always be calling us...
I am a little ashamed about this post. Again, this is another thing that I found Pinterest that looked intriguing. Maybe it’s because I was a young, naive wife, but who knew that you had to clean your washing machine!?! I didn’t. I’m not sure why I didn’t though, because I always say “you can’t clean dishes in a dirty sink”. So this should make sense.
I am a little ashamed about this post. Again, this is another thing that I found Pinterest that looked intriguing. Maybe it’s because I was a young, naive wife, but who knew that you had to clean your washing machine!?! I didn’t. I’m not sure why I didn’t though, because I always say “you can’t clean dishes in a dirty sink”. So this should make sense.
I
have cleaned my washing machine a few times since I first found a post
about it. So, it’s probably every 6 months or so. And by 6 months, it
NEEDS a good cleaning. Can you tell? Here is my before:
Yuck. Yes, I kept the pictures small for a reason.
Here is what I did:
Here is what I did:
3.
While water is sitting, take a rag, sponge, scrubber, etc. and wipe and
scrub down every nook and cranny on the machine. I use a sponge with a
scrubber side. Dip sponge in machine water and scrub inside, outside,
knobs, crevices, and the removable bleach tray. Yuck again. I usually
also take the sponge to the doors, door handles, walls, light
switches... whatever else needs a good wipe down!
4.
Once everything is spotless, Drop lid and let the machine run through
it’s cycle again. The bleach and vinegar will kill bacteria and help
your machine to run better, smell good, and sparkle!
Now you’re ready to go! Easy right?
Look at those beautifully clean machine! Have fun cleaning :)
Now go clean your washing machine. It needs it and wants it.
I won't judge you if you don't judge me :)










this is great but what do you do if you have a front load washer :( LOL I buy the tide washing machine things but i dont feel like they work all that well!?
ReplyDeleteActually Abbey- there is an entire Pinterest post on cleaning your front-loading machine! I just didn't pin it or read it since my is top-loading! Look it up!
Delete